Rock Fall, a multi-award-winning second-generation family owned business in Alfreton sits at the forefront of the safety footwear market supplying more than 700,000 pairs per year, their world first innovations provide solutions to the ever-changing demands of modern industry.
The company’s turnover is now well into 8 figures in Safety Footwear, supplying some of the largest companies in the world via a network of authorised distribution partners ranging from independent safety equipment distributors, FTSE 100 PLCs and multi-national organisations. Major distributors include household names like Bunzl, Travis Perkins, Toolstation, Amazon, Rexel, Speedy and Arco.
The company has a strong desire to build the business, and the brand to international acclaim. Rock Fall is open to new partnerships from Agents, Distributors, Endusers to accelerate their International Expansion. As a result, the Senior Management Team have created a new position of Purchasing Manager, to support their Worldwide Sourcing, existing Operations Team and enable further growth.
The position has been filled by Ashley Storer, who joins Rock Fall from Sports Direct, where he held the role of sports footwear buyer. Ashley’s “claims to fame” include pulling a 10 tonne truck 30 feet to raise much needed funds for Rainbows Hospice.
Discussing the appointment Richard Noon, Company Director said:
We are absolutely delighted that Ashley has joined the business. He brings a wealth of experience with a household name. We have made an incredibly bright start to 2021 and this appointment adds significant resource to an already very strong team. There are still dozens of further announcements that we will be making in the next 6-12 months but for today its all about how excited we are to have filled this great new role in the business.
Notes for Editors:
- In 2020, Rock Fall ran elective testing on their RF040 Manitoba Freezer Rigger boot, against liquid nitrogen to simulate a cryogenic environment. This is the only known boot to be independently verified to offer cold temperature protection for use when transporting the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Rock Fall also provided a large quantity of footwear for use at the COVID-19 pop up test centres.
- The Senior Management Team also formed Rock Fall North America with stock holding in Tennessee to supply highly specialist safety footwear to the US market.
- Ashley pulls 10 tonne truck for charity: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/ilkeston-dad-raises-1000-rainbows-3278508
- Despite the market being down around 30% Rock Fall shipped approximately the same number of pairs in 2020 as they did in 2019.
- Vegan range sales 68.27% as people look to be healthier in light of the health crisis.
- DTC shipments 16.83% with reduced handling and faster processing to get footwear to the frontline key worker that needed it.
- Sales with online distributors increased by an enormous 178.57% as more company buyers were shopping from home and needed a secure purchasing solution.
This article originally appeared on the Rock Fall website at https://www.rockfall.com/rock-fall-welcome-new-purchasing-manager-to-support-worldwide-sourcing-and-enable-further-growth/– backlinks are appreciated.
For Press and PR enquiries contact:
Project and Marketing Manager
Rock Fall UK Ltd
T: +44 (0)1773 608616